register for classes here + use code 'ink' for $25 off at checkout!
we have a few new classes scheduled here in portland for november + decmeber!
we wil be hosting all three of these upcoming classes at our studio in ne portland. here are the classes that we have scheduled:
intermediate calligraphy | november 21 10a - 1p
for the first time we will be hosting an intermediate class - perfect if you have already taken a beginning calligraphy class - either with us or any other calligrapher, or if you already have a good grasp of the basics of pointed pen calligraphy. it will help you to take your calligraphy practice to the next level whether you enjoy it as a hobby or are planning on using it in your business.
in this class, we will:
- work with an oblique pen holder + different nibs than offered in our beginning class
- work with metallic ink + practice mixing gouache to use as ink
- learn some basic flourishing techniques + envelope layout to enhance your style
- have an open forum to discuss calligraphy as a business, scanning + digitizing + any other questions that you have!
beginning calligraphy | december 11 6p - 9p
if you have been wanting to try your hand at pointed pen calligraphy or have tried it out a little on your won + are looking for some face to face instruction, then this class is perfect for you! don't be intimidated -
in this class we will:
- learn the basics of pointed pen calligraphy + go over calligraphy tools + techniques
- work with two different nibs in black + white ink on several different papers
- work through an example alphabet from a-z
- learn to find + develop your own style
watercolor | december 12 10a - 1p
have you been seeing all kinds of beautiful watercolor lettering + florals + wanting to learn to do them as well? then this class is perfect for you! though it may look intimidating, watercolor is actually quite easy to get started with + by the end of the class we think that you will agree + have found a fun new art form!
in this class we will:
- go over basic watercolor techniques + color theory
- learn how to find the right balance of water + paint + how to blend colors
- work with a few different brushes to achieve different strokes + effects
- learn a few different techniques for watercolor florals
- learn the basics of brush lettering
all of the supplies that you will need to get started will be provided + are covered in the class fee. all classes will be a great time to get away form your routine, try something new + connect with fellow creatives. we will have refreshments + time to visit + make sure that you get all of your questions answered. we cannot wait to see you at a class!
want to see a class in your city? e-mail us here to let us know!